Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DIY Farmhouse Vase...




This is a cute vase you can make very easily from left over beer/glass soda bottles and yarn. They would make really awesome (& cheap) centerpieces at a wedding or shower! The wildflowers help it look even better! (c/o my mother-in-law).

I used rolled-up tissue paper as a spacer to keep the bottles the same distance from each other. This is only needed if you're going to wrap multiple bottles together, and you may be able to get away without any kind of spacer, it just helped me.

Start with the bottles sitting on a table in the configuration you want them to be in. 

Tightly twist the tissue paper until it is a dense shape that will fit the space between the bottles. You may want to use scotch tape to hold the tissue together.





Make a loop around one bottle with the yarn, and make a knot to hold it in place.


Begin wrapping the yarn around each bottle in a way that creates a triangle around the tissue in the middle (this creates the cool weave-like pattern on the sides of each bottle.)


If you want, you can do the same to the neck of the bottle.





I apologize for the short, non-detailed instructions! I hurt my thumb this week, so typing has been a little troublesome, but if you want more detailed instructions, leave a comment below, and I'll put them up once my thumb is better.



No comments:

Post a Comment