Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ginger Lasses

I am a cookie fiend. I love most and any cookies. I am also determined to make the perfect cookie texture. I have learned a few tricks lately, like combining all the dry ingredients first if you want a softer cookie. But I'm still on the hunt for the perfect cookie.

These are my all time favorite cookie for the winter! They are not ginger snaps, they are similar to other crinkle cookies in texture. One of my good friends (and college room-mate)'s mom makes them. They are amazing!!

About 3 of these cookies, and a nice dirty chai...mmm... nothing better on a cold night! (It's also WONDERFUL cookie dough)


And here's the recipe:
1 1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup molasses
2 cup sugar
2 eggs
4 cup flour
4 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp ground cloves
sugar

Add molasses, sugar and eggs to melted butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat
well. Sift together and add to this mixture flour, soda, and spices. Refrigerate
covered dough for several hours or overnight. Make into small balls (the size of
walnuts). Roll in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until firm.



Alright, so soon I'm going to start a 30 day Fashion Remix. I'll document the outfits on the blog, though it probably won't be EVERY day (but I'll try).

Basically all it is, is you pick 30 items of clothing, and only 30, and make 30 different outfits. It should be fun, and help me realize that with a little creativity, I can have all the new outfits I want (without spending the dough)!

Well, that's all for now. I have to go pick which 30 items I'm going to use!! Wondering if this "30" includes shoes, scarves, and jewelery though... this could be difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment